As an Affiliate Member of Food Banks Canada, The North Huron Food Share will:
- Provide food and other assistance to those needing help regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, income source, age or mental or physical ability.
- Treat all those who access services with the utmost dignity and respect.
- Implement best practices in the proper and safe storage and handling of food.
- Respect the privacy of those served, and will maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
- Not require payment of any kind for donated food or consumer products, at any time from those assisted by their respective programs.
- Acquire and share food in a spirit of cooperation with other food banks and food programs.
- Strive to make the public aware of the existence of hunger, and of the factors that contribute to it.
- Recognize that food banks are not a viable long-term response to hunger, and devote part of their activities to reducing the need for food assistance.
- Represent accurately, honestly and completely their respective mission and activities to the larger community.
Click here for more information from Food Banks Canada
We are part of the Ontario Association of Food Banks and we use the Huron County Food Banks Distribution Centre to help us get food for our food bank. Please visit their site to learn more about these great organizations!